File Code: State Pensions and Retirement
- Sponsored By:
Chairman, Appropriations Committee (Departmental - University
System of Maryland)
Program - Employer Contribution Rate and Mandatory Employee
Increasing the rate of employer contributions from 7.25% to 9.25% for
participants in the Optional Retirement Program; requiring those
participants to make mandatory contributions to the Optional
Retirement Program at the rate of 2% of the participant's annual
earnable compensation; etc.
- First Reading Appropriations
- Hearing 2/9 at 11:00 a.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Appropriations
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (139-0)
- First Reading Budget and Taxation
- Hearing 4/6 at 8:00 a.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 4/6 at 8:30 a.m.
- Sponsored by:
- Chairman, Appropriations Comm.
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- RETIREMENT SYSTEMS -see also- MANDATORY RETIREMENT
- STATE EMPLOYEES
- STATE UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- State Personnel and Pensions
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 734866/1 (PDF) Offered on: March 21, 2000 at:
10:35 a.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 24, 2000: Third Reading Passed (139-0)