CHAPTER NUMBER: 97
File Code: State Government - Regulations and Procedures
- Sponsored By:
Chairman, Economic Matters Committee (Departmental -
Comptroller - Issuance of Cigarette Licenses
Requiring the Comptroller to investigate applications for specified
licenses issued or renewed by the Comptroller; expanding the
circumstances under which the Comptroller may deny a license to any
applicant, reprimand a licensee, or suspend or revoke a license;
requiring the Comptroller to grant a waiver from specified provisions
of the Act to applicants or licensees under specified circumstances;
- First Reading Economic Matters
- Hearing 1/26 at 2:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 1/27 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Economic Matters
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Special Order 2/23 (Delegate O'Donnell) Adopted
- Special Order 2/24 (Delegate O'Donnell) Adopted
- Floor Amendment (Delegate O'Donnell) Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (135-0)
- Returned Passed
- Signed by the Governor Chapter 97
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/23 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (44-0)
- Sponsored by:
- Chairman, Econ. Matters Comm.
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CIGARETTES -see also- SMOKING
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- INVESTIGATIONS AND INQUIRIES -see also- CRIM BCKGRND INVEST.
- LICENSES -see also- ALCOHOLIC BEV LIC; DRIVERS' LICENSES
- REVENUE AND TAXES -see also- DEV FEES & TAXES; specific tax.
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- Business Regulation
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 273390/3 (PDF) Offered on: February 22, 2000 at:
10:31 a.m. Status: Adopted
- Number: 683525/1 (PDF) Offered on: February 24, 2000 at:
10:27 a.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Votes (Legislative dates are shown):
- February 29, 2000: Third Reading Passed (135-0)
- April 1, 2000: Third Reading Passed (44-0)