File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
Crossfiled with: SENATE BILL 13
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Cadden, Sophocleus, Rosso, Rzepkowski, Boschert,
Leopold, and Love
Health - Failure
to Properly Bury or
Dispose of a Body - Penalties
Prohibiting an individual from burying or disposing of a human body
except in a family burial plot or other area allowed by a local
ordinance, a crematorium, a cemetery, or a funeral establishment; and
establishing specified penalties.
- First Reading Environmental Matters
- Hearing 1/26 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 2/9 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Environmental Matters
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (136-4)
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 4/5 at 1:00 p.m.
- Sponsored by:
- Delegate Joan Cadden, District 31
- Delegate David G. Boschert, District 33
- Delegate John R. Leopold, District 31
- Delegate Mary Ann E. Love, District 32
- Delegate Mary M. Rosso, District 31
- Delegate James E. Rzepkowski, District 32
- Delegate Theodore Sophocleus, District 32
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- DEATH -see also- ADVANCE MEDICAL DIRECTIVES; WRONGFUL DEATH.
- LAW ENFORCEMENT -see also- STATE POLICE, DEPARTMENT OF
- MEDICAL EXAMINERS
- PHYSICIANS -see also- DENTISTS; MED EXMNRS; PSYCH; etc
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Health - General
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 290716/2 (PDF) Offered on: March 27, 2000 at:
2:37 p.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 26, 2000: Third Reading Passed (136-4)