File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 58
- Sponsored By:
Senators Baker, Jimeno, and DeGrange
Criminal Law - Failure of Duty to Report Death - Penalties
Requiring specified individuals who have personal knowledge of the
death of or who have personally discovered the body of another
individual to provide, in person or by telephone, notice of the death
within 24 hours to a law enforcement officer, physician, 911 system,
or medical examiner; providing for the application of the Act;
establishing specified penalties; etc.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 1/25 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 2/2 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Senator Walter M. Baker, District 36
- Senator James E. DeGrange, Sr., District 32
- Senator Philip C. Jimeno, District 31
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- DEATH -see also- ADVANCE MEDICAL DIRECTIVES; WRONGFUL DEATH.
- LAW ENFORCEMENT -see also- STATE POLICE, DEPARTMENT OF
- MEDICAL EXAMINERS
- PHYSICIANS -see also- DENTISTS; MED EXMNRS; PSYCH; etc
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Health - General
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: