File Code: Counties - Local Laws
- Sponsored By:
Prince George's County Delegation
Prince George's County - Correctional Officers - Workers'
Extending the presumption of compensability under the workers'
compensation law to include, under specified conditions, Prince
George's County correctional officers who suffer from heart disease or
hypertension resulting in partial or total disability or death;
requiring current correctional officers to submit specified medical
information to the Director of the Prince George's County Department
of Correctional Services; and allowing benefits under the Act to be
added to retirement benefits subject to a specified limitation.
- First Reading Economic Matters
- Hearing 3/18 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Economic Matters
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Motion Special Order after Third Reading calendar (Delegate Dembrow) Withdrawn
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (126-7)
- First Reading Senate Rules
- Re-referred Finance
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CORRECTIONAL OFFICERS
- DISEASES -see also- AIDS; RABIES
- HEALTH -see also- MENTAL HEALTH
- PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY
- RECORDS -see also- RCDNGS; LAND RCDS; VITAL RCDS; CRIM BKGD.
- RETIREMENT SYSTEMS -see also- MANDATORY RETIREMENT
- WORKERS' COMPENSATION
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- Labor and Employment
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 323789/1 (PDF) Offered on: April 10, 1999 at:
10:33 a.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- April 7, 1999: Third Reading Passed (126-7)