File Code: Vehicle Laws - Miscellaneous
- Sponsored By:
Tow Truck Services - Regulation of Towing Practices
Requiring a tow truck operator to provide specified information to an
owner or driver of a vehicle before providing towing services;
providing that tow truck operators are liable for damage to a motor
vehicle or other property caused by towing; providing that certain
violations constitute unfair or deceptive trade practices, subject to
specified provisions; requiring the MVA to adopt regulations and
create standardized forms relating to towing services; authorizing the
MVA to establish and charge a fee for the forms; etc.
- First Reading Commerce and Government Matters
- Hearing 2/10 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 2/17 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Commerce and Government Matters
- No Action
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CONSUMER PROTECTION -see also- ADVTG.; LABELING; WARRANTIES.
- FEES -see also- DEVELOPMENT FEES AND TAXES
- LIABILITY -see also- GOOD SAMARITAN
- MOTOR VEHICLES -see also- ABANDONED VEH; OFF-RD. VEH.; TRUCK
- MOTOR VEHICLE ADMINISTRATION
- RECORDS -see also- RCDNGS; LAND RCDS; VITAL RCDS; CRIM BKGD.
- RULES AND REGULATIONS
- UNFAIR TRADE PRACTICES
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Commercial Law
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: