File Code: Vehicle Laws - Licensing and Registration
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 527
- Sponsored By:
Senators Baker and
Vehicle Laws - Drivers' Licenses - Graduated Licensing System
Establishing a graduated licensing system for new drivers under the
Maryland Vehicle Law; creating a new provisional license; establishing
and altering driver education requirements, restrictions, and
procedures concerning learner's instructional permits, provisional
driver's licenses, and driver's licenses; providing for suspension and
revocation of provisional licenses under specified circumstances;
providing for a standardized driver education program; etc.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/12 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (46-0)
- Return Passed
- Governor vetoed - Cross-filed bill was signed
- First Reading Commerce and Government Matters
- Hearing 4/7 at 1:15 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Commerce and Government Matters
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (135-2)
- Sponsored by:
- Senator Walter M. Baker, District 36
- Senator Philip C. Jimeno, District 31
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES -see also- DRUNK AND DRUGGED DRIVING
- DRIVER EDUCATION
- DRIVERS' LICENSES
- DRUGS -see also- CONTROLLED DANG SUB; DRUNK & DRUGGED DRIVG.
- EDUCATION -see also- PUBLIC SCHOOLS; SPECIAL ED.; HIGHER ED.
- MINORS -see also- AGE OF MAJORITY; JUVENILE CAUSES; YOUTH
- MOTOR VEHICLE ADMINISTRATION
- RECORDS -see also- RCDNGS; LAND RCDS; VITAL RCDS; CRIM BKGD.
- REPORTS -see also- RECORDS
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 078151/1 (PDF) Offered on: March 25, 1998 at:
9:39 a.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Votes (Legislative dates are shown):
- March 27, 1998: Third Reading Passed (46-0)
- April 5, 1998: Third Reading Passed (135-2)