File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
Prior Year Introduction As: SB 411/97 - JPR
- Sponsored By:
Chairman, Judicial Proceedings Committee (Departmental - Public
Safety and Correctional Services)
Arrests - Interference With Home Detention Employees
Prohibiting the interference with a home detention employee's efforts
to monitor or control a home detention participant; prohibiting the
unauthorized use of uniforms or insignia of home detention employees;
setting a penalty for violations; and clarifying the authority to
arrest those in the home detention program.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 1/15 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 1/20 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (45-0)
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 4/2 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- Sponsored by:
- Chairman, Judicial Proceedings Comm.
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES
- FRAUD -see also- FORGERY
- HOME DETENTION
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Article - 27 Crimes and Punishments
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- February 2, 1998: Third Reading Passed (45-0)