File Code: Insurance - Liability and Miscellaneous
- Sponsored By:
Fraudulent Insurance Acts - Unbundling and Upcoding
Providing that it is a fraudulent insurance act for a person to engage
in a specified pattern or practice that results in a greater payment
to the person than the applicable current procedure terminology (CPT)
code as adopted by the American Medical Association.
- First Reading Economic Matters
- Hearing 3/5 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Economic Matters
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (133-0)
- First Reading Finance
- Hearing 4/8 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Finance
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- FRAUD -see also- FORGERY
- HEALTH INSURANCE -see also- HMO; MANAGED CARE ORGANIZATIONS.
- HEALTH OCCUPATIONS
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 823276/1 (PDF) Offered on: March 28, 1998 at:
12:38 p.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 28, 1998: Third Reading Passed (133-0)