File Code: Elections
- Sponsored By:
Election Laws - Campaign Reports - Use of Information
Prohibiting the information obtained solely from specified campaign
reports from being sold or used for commercial purposes or to solicit
a specified type of contribution; and authorizing a candidate or
political committee to use specified procedures to test whether the
candidate's or political committee's campaign fund-raising information
is being used in a manner proscribed by law.
- First Reading Commerce and Government Matters
- Hearing 3/4 at 1:15 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Commerce and Government Matters
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Special Order 3/28 (Burns M) Adopted
- Floor Amendment (Burns M) Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (95-30)
- First Reading Economic and Environmental Affairs
- Hearing 4/7 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Economic and Environmental Affairs
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CAMPAIGN FINANCING
- COMMERCE AND BUSINESS -see also- ENTERPRISE ZONES;SMALL BUS.
- CONSUMER PROTECTION -see also- ADVTG.; LABELING; WARRANTIES.
- ELECTIONS -see also- BALLOTS; CAMPAIGN FINANCING; VOTING
- POLITICAL CANDIDATES
- POLITICAL COMMITTEES
- REPORTS -see also- RECORDS
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Article - 33 Election Code
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 086661/2 (PDF) Offered on: March 27, 1998 at:
10:43 a.m. Status: Adopted
- Number: 323508/1 (PDF) Offered on: March 28, 1998 at:
1:38 p.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 28, 1998: Third Reading Passed (95-30)