File Code: Financial Institutions
- Sponsored By:
Commercial Law - Consumer Protection - Check Cashing Service
Requiring certain persons that offer check cashing service to provide
special notice to customers; requiring persons offering check cashing
service to take specified measures to identify the customer presenting
certain instruments for cash; making the failure to comply with the
specified acts an unfair and deceptive trade practice; etc.
- First Reading Economic Matters
- Hearing 3/17 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Economic Matters
- No Action
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CONSUMER PROTECTION -see also- ADVTG.; LABELING; WARRANTIES.
- UNFAIR TRADE PRACTICES
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- Commercial Law
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: