File Code: Private Sector Labor and Industry
Crossfiled with: SENATE BILL 134
- Sponsored By:
Delegates D. Davis, Owings, Redmer, Weir, Klausmeier, and
Controlled Dangerous Substance Testing For Job Applicants -
Authorizing employers who require persons to be tested for job-related
reasons for the use or abuse of any controlled dangerous substance or
alcohol to use preliminary screening procedures to test specimens at
the workplace; requiring an employer to use a laboratory to confirm
the results of a preliminary screening test; authorizing an employer
to use a laboratory to conduct both initial and confirmatory tests;
exempting employers who perform screening from medical laboratory
licensing requirements and other regulations; etc.
- First Reading Environmental Matters
- Hearing 3/16 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Delegate Dereck Davis, District 25
- Delegate Katherine Klausmeier, District 8
- Delegate Jacob J. Mohorovic, Jr., District 7
- Delegate George W. Owings, III, District 27B
- Delegate Alfred W. Redmer, Jr., District 8
- Delegate Michael H. Weir, District 6
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CHEMICAL TESTS
- CONTROLLED DANGEROUS SUBSTANCES -see also- DRUGS
- DRUGS -see also- CONTROLLED DANG SUB; DRUNK & DRUGGED DRIVG.
- HEALTH AND MENTAL HYGIENE, DEPARTMENT OF
- LICENSES -see also- ALC. BEVERAGES LICENSES; DRIVERS' LIC
- RECORDS -see also- RCDNGS; LAND RCDS; VITAL RCDS; CRIM BKGD.
- WORK, LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT -see also- LEAVE; O.T.; SAL COMP.
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Health - General
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: