File Code: Commercial Law - Consumer Protection
Prior Year Introduction As: HB 340/97 - ECM
- Sponsored By:
Consumer Protection - Credit Card Issuers - Sale of Information About
Applicants and Cardholders
Prohibiting specified credit card issuers from selling specified
information about an applicant for a credit card or a cardholder
without the written consent of the applicant or cardholder; defining
certain terms; and requiring credit card issuers to provide specified
methods to enable cardholders to revoke consent.
- First Reading Economic Matters
- Hearing 2/19 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Economic Matters
- No Action
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CONSUMER PROTECTION -see also- ADVTG.; LABELING; WARRANTIES.
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- Commercial Law
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: