File Code: Real Property
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Branch, Fulton, Opara, Harrison, Marriott, and C.
Residential Leases - Eviction - Drugs
Requiring that all residential leases contain a provision enabling a
landlord to evict a tenant arrested for drug activities while on the
leased premises; and providing for criminal penalties against a
landlord who fails to evict a tenant arrested for drug activities.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Re-assigned Economic Matters
- Hearing 2/11 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Delegate Talmadge Branch, District 45
- Delegate Clarence Davis, District 45
- Delegate Tony Edward Fulton, District 40
- Delegate Hattie N. Harrison, District 45
- Delegate Salima Siler Marriott, District 40
- Delegate Clay C. Opara, District 41
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CONTROLLED DANGEROUS SUBSTANCES -see also- DRUGS
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES
- DRUGS -see also- CONTROLLED DANG SUB; DRUNK & DRUGGED DRIVG.
- LANDLORD AND TENANT -see also- EVICTION; LEASES AND RENT
- LEASES AND RENT -see also- EVICTION
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Real Property
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: