File Code: Human Relations
Prior Year Introduction As: HB 177/97 - CGM
- Sponsored By:
Maryland Human Relations Commission - Hearings - Relief
Altering specified provisions relating to the Maryland Human Relations
Commission; making specified technical changes; expanding the relief
that the Commission may award in specified cases involving employment
discrimination to include compensatory damages, subject to
limitations; altering the jurisdiction of the Commission over
specified employers; making stylistic changes; etc.
- First Reading Commerce and Government Matters
- Hearing 2/25 at 1:15 p.m.
- Referred to interim study by Commerce and Government Matters
- No Action
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- DISCRIMINATION -see also- SEX DISCRIMINATION
- HUMAN RELATIONS COMMISSION
- WORK, LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT -see also- LEAVE; O.T.; SAL COMP.
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Article - 49B Human Relations Commission
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: