CHAPTER NUMBER: 438
File Code: Miscellaneous
- Sponsored By:
Job Creation Tax Credit - County-Designated Priority Funding Areas
Altering the criteria for a business entity to qualify for the Job
Creation Tax Credit by including within the definition of "State
priority funding area", for purposes of the credit, no more than one
area in a county designated by the county as a priority funding area
under State growth management law; and applying the Act to tax years
beginning after 1997.
- First Reading Ways and Means
- Hearing 2/5 at 11:00 a.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Ways and Means
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (137-0)
- Return Passed
- Signed by the Governor Chapter 438
- First Reading Budget and Taxation
- Hearing 3/25 at 1:30 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Budget and Taxation
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (44-1)
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- COMMERCE AND BUSINESS -see also- ENTERPRISE ZONES;SMALL BUS.
- COUNTIES -see also- CHARTERED COUNTIES; CODE COUNTIES
- TAX CREDITS -see also- CIRCUIT BREAKER
- WORK, LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT -see also- LEAVE; O.T.; SAL COMP.
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- Article - 83A Department of Business and Economic Development
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 785544/1 (PDF) Offered on: February 18, 1998 at:
10:09 a.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Votes (Legislative dates are shown):
- February 24, 1998: Third Reading Passed (137-0)
- April 11, 1998: Third Reading Passed (44-1)