File Code: Civil Actions and Procedures
Prior Year Introduction As: SB 246/97 - JPR
- Sponsored By:
Prospective Jurors - Motor Vehicle Administration Lists
Expanding the sources from which prospective jurors are selected to
include lists of individuals who have received a driver's license or
identification card from the Motor Vehicle Administration; requiring
that the Administration make the lists available to jury commissioners
or clerks at no cost; making stylistic changes; and providing for a
delayed effective date.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/4 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (43-0)
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 4/8 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- DRIVERS' LICENSES
- JURIES -see also- GRAND JURIES
- MOTOR VEHICLE ADMINISTRATION
- RECORDS -see also- RCDNGS; LAND RCDS; VITAL RCDS; CRIM BKGD.
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Courts and Judicial Proceedings
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- February 20, 1998: Third Reading Passed (43-0)