File Code: Insurance - Health and Life
- Sponsored By:
Senators Van Hollen, Teitelbaum,
Dorman, and Pinsky
Patient Protection Act
Prohibiting specified health insurance carriers from offering or
paying bonuses and other incentive-based compensation to health care
practitioners, or from creating any financial disincentives, that
would result in the provision of inadequate care; specifying the
construction of the Act; providing for the application of the Act; and
generally relating to prohibiting specified health insurance carriers
from offering or paying bonuses and other incentive-based compensation
to health care practitioners.
- First Reading Finance
- Hearing 3/6 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Finance
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (46-0)
- First Reading Economic Matters
- Hearing 4/1 at 1:00 p.m.
- Sponsored by:
- Senator Christopher Van Hollen, Jr., District 18
- Senator Arthur Dorman, District 21
- Senator Paul G. Pinsky, District 22
- Senator Leonard H. Teitelbaum, District 19
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CONSUMER PROTECTION -see also- ADVTG.; LABELING; WARRANTIES.
- HEALTH -see also- MENTAL HEALTH
- HEALTH INSURANCE -see also- HMO; MANAGED CARE ORGANIZATIONS.
- HEALTH MAINTENANCE ORGANIZATIONS
- HEALTH OCCUPATIONS
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Article - 48A Insurance Code
- Bill Text:
- First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 817541/1 (PDF) Offered on: MARCH 18, 1997 at: 17:06