File Code: Insurance - Health and Life
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 571
- Sponsored By:
Life Insurance - Student Loan Option
Allowing a person to purchase a life insurance policy that permits
specified family members to obtain a student loan for postsecondary
education from the insurer; providing for the circumstances under
which a life insurance policy may be used to obtain a student loan;
and requiring the Insurance Commissioner to submit a specified report
to specified persons by October 1, 2000.
- First Reading Finance
- Hearing 2/26 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Finance
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (47-0)
- First Reading Economic Matters
- Hearing 3/25 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Economic Matters
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- HIGHER EDUCATION -see also- STATE UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES.
- INSURANCE ADMINISTRATION
- INSURANCE -see also- HEALTH INSURANCE; MOTOR VEHICLE INS
- REPORTS -see also- RECORDS
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Article - 48A Insurance Code
- Bill Text:
- First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 567041/1 (PDF) Offered on: MARCH 18, 1997 at: 17:15