File Code: Insurance - Health and Life
- Sponsored By:
Health and Life Insurance - Waiting Periods - Cancer
Prohibiting specified life and health insurers, nonprofit health
service plans, and health maintenance organizations from imposing a
waiting period of more than 1 year beyond the date that a physician
has certified that an individual does not have cancer or that the
cancer is in remission before providing coverage; etc.
- First Reading Finance
- Hearing 2/13 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 2/13 at 1:30 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Finance
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (46-0)
- First Reading Economic Matters
- Hearing 3/25 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Economic Matters
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- DISEASES -see also- AIDS
- HEALTH INSURANCE -see also- HMO; MANAGED CARE ORGANIZATIONS.
- HEALTH MAINTENANCE ORGANIZATIONS
- INSURANCE -see also- HEALTH INSURANCE; MOTOR VEHICLE INS
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Health - General
- Bill Text:
- First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: