File Code: Insurance - Health and Life
- Sponsored By:
Health Insurance - Dependent Children and Grandchildren - Coverage
Requiring specified health insurers and nonprofit health service plans
to provide or continue coverage under specified health insurance
policies and contracts to dependent children and grandchildren under
age 24 who are full-time students taking a specified number of credit
hours while attending institutions of higher education; requiring the
Health Care Access and Cost Commission to provide a specified report
by November 1, 1997; and providing for the effective date of the Act.
- First Reading Finance
- Hearing 1/30 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Finance
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (47-0)
- First Reading Economic Matters
- Hearing 3/25 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Economic Matters
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- HEALTH -see also- MENTAL HEALTH
- HEALTH INSURANCE -see also- HMO; MANAGED CARE ORGANIZATIONS.
- HEALTH MAINTENANCE ORGANIZATIONS
- HIGHER EDUCATION -see also- STATE UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES.
- REPORTS -see also- RECORDS
- SMALL BUSINESS
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Bill Text:
- First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 107141/1 (PDF) Offered on: FEBRUARY 21, 1997 at: 11:43