CHAPTER NUMBER: 300
File Code: Insurance - Health and Life
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Redmer and Ports
Health Insurance - Notice of Renewal
Requiring a carrier, before renewing a health benefit plan, to mail a
notice of renewal to a group contract holder at least 30 days before
the expiration of the health benefit plan; requiring a carrier to mail
a notice of renewal to a small employer at least 30 days before the
expiration of a health benefit plan; and requiring a notice of renewal
to include the dates of the renewal period, the health benefit plan
rates, and the terms of coverage under the health benefit plan.
- First Reading Economic Matters
- Hearing 3/17 at 2:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 3/17 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Economic Matters
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (136-0)
- House Concur - Senate Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (127-0)
- Passed Enrolled
- Signed by the Governor Chapter 300
- First Reading Finance
- Hearing 3/27 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Finance
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Motion 2rdgs same day Const/Rule 24 (Senator Young) Adopted
- Third Reading Passed with Amendments (42-0)
- Sponsored by:
- Delegate Alfred W. Redmer, Jr., District 8
- Delegate James F. Ports, Jr., District 8
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CONSUMER PROTECTION -see also- ADVTG.; LABELING; WARRANTIES.
- HEALTH INSURANCE -see also- HMO; MANAGED CARE ORGANIZATIONS.
- HEALTH MAINTENANCE ORGANIZATIONS
- POSTAL SERVICE
- SMALL BUSINESS
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Bill Text:
- First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled (PDF)
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 757343/1 (PDF) Offered on: APRIL 5, 1997 at: 17:15