File Code: Vehicle Laws - Licensing and Registration
- Sponsored By:
Vehicle Laws - Collection of Excise Tax by Title Services -
Providing that a title service that collects excise tax on behalf of
the Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA) is entitled to retain 1.2% of
the tax in the same manner as a licensed dealer; treating a title
service in the same manner as a dealer for purposes pertaining to
record keeping, collection of taxes and fees, and penalties; and
eliminating the limitation on the right to retain the percentage of
the excise tax based on enumerated types of vehicles.
- First Reading Commerce and Government Matters
- Hearing 3/11 at 1:15 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Commerce and Government Matters
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (138-1)
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/27 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- EXCISE TAX
- FEES -see also- DEVELOPMENT FEES AND TAXES
- MOTOR VEHICLES -see also- ABANDONED VEH; OFF-RD. VEH.; TRUCK
- MOTOR VEHICLE DEALERS AND SALESMEN
- RECORDS -see also- RCDNGS; LAND RCDS; VITAL RCDS; CRIM BKGD.
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- Bill Text:
- First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 586250/1 (PDF) Offered on: MARCH 19, 1997 at: 10:57