File Code: Miscellaneous
- Sponsored By:
Maryland Taxpayer Bill of Rights Act of 1997
Creating a Maryland Taxpayer Bill of Rights to guarantee that the
rights, privacy, and property of Maryland taxpayers are adequately
safeguarded and protected during tax assessment, collection, and
enforcement and that taxpayers are treated with dignity and respect;
providing for a taxpayer problem resolution program and a taxpayers'
rights advocate with authority to issue taxpayer assistance orders;
requiring written explanations of the audit and collections processes
and taxpayers' rights; etc.
- First Reading Ways and Means
- Hearing 2/25 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Ways and Means
- No Action
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- APPEALS -see also- JUDICIAL REVIEW
- AUDITORS AND AUDITS
- CONSUMER PROTECTION -see also- ADVTG.; LABELING; WARRANTIES.
- LIENS -see also- MECHANICS' LIENS; SECURITY INTERESTS
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES -see also- STATE EMPLOYEES
- RECORDINGS -see also- VIDEOS
- REPORTS -see also- RECORDS
- REVENUE AND TAXES -see also specific taxes -
- STATE EMPLOYEES
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Tax - General
- Bill Text:
- First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: