CHAPTER NUMBER: 656
File Code: Insurance - Health and Life
- Sponsored By:
Chairman, Economic Matters Committee (Departmental - Insurance
Insurance Professionals - Certificate of Qualification - Issuance,
Expiration, Renewal, Reinstatement, and Conditions
Providing that certificates of qualification for agents and brokers
will expire at a specified time unless properly renewed; clarifying
the renewal procedure for certificates of authority, continuing
education requirements for agents and brokers, and that satisfaction
of the continuing education requirements is necessary for renewal of a
certificate of qualification, with specified exceptions; prohibiting
an insurer from prohibiting an agent from obtaining continuing
education credits from approved courses; etc.
- First Reading Economic Matters
- Hearing 2/5 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Economic Matters
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (137-0)
- Returned Passed
- Signed by the Governor Chapter 656
- First Reading Finance
- Hearing 3/26 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Finance
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (47-0)
- Sponsored by:
- Chairman, Econ. Matters Comm.
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- AGENTS AND BROKERS
- COMMITTEES AND COMMISSIONS -see also- POLITICAL COMMITTEES
- EDUCATION -see also- PUBLIC SCHOOLS; SPECIAL ED.; HIGHER ED.
- FEES -see also- DEVELOPMENT FEES AND TAXES
- HEALTH INSURANCE -see also- HMO; MANAGED CARE ORGANIZATIONS.
- INSURANCE ADMINISTRATION
- INSURANCE -see also- HEALTH INSURANCE; MOTOR VEHICLE INS
- LICENSES -see also- ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES LICENSES
- MOTOR VEHICLE INSURANCE -see also- MD AUTO INSURANCE FUND
- REGISTRATION -see also- MOTOR VEHICLE REGISTRATION
- RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Article - 48A Insurance Code
- Bill Text:
- First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 413964/1 (PDF) Offered on: MARCH 13, 1997 at: 10:17