File Code: Commercial Law - Consumer Protection
- Sponsored By:
Commercial Law - Deceptive Trade Practices - Names of Businesses
Making it an unfair and deceptive trade practice under the Maryland
Consumer Protection Act to use a name in the conduct of a person's
business to intentionally misrepresent the geographic origin or
location of the person's business; etc.
- First Reading Economic Matters
- Hearing 1/29 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 3/12 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Economic Matters
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (129-6)
- First Reading Finance
- Hearing 3/28 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Finance
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- COMMERCE AND BUSINESS -see also- SMALL BUSINESS
- CONSUMER PROTECTION -see also- ADVTG.; LABELING; WARRANTIES.
- UNFAIR TRADE PRACTICES
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- Commercial Law
- Bill Text (Displayed in Rich Text Format. Enrolled bill format problems
are being addressed. Printed copies available from the MGA Bill Room):
- First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 573564/1 (PDF) Offered on: MARCH 20, 1997 at: 11:08